We are not currently accepting applications for Registered Behavior Technicians but you may email your CV for future consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Behavior Technician Job Description
At ABA Unlimited, LLC, our behavior technicians are para-professionals who work 1:1 with children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. They are responsible for the direct implementation of skill acquisition and behavior reduction plans developed by the supervisor. Technicians must complete a minimum of a 40-hour intensive training in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), pass a competency assessment, and pass a professionally proctored exam. The behavior technician collects data and conducts programming under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst or Board Certified assistant Behavior Analyst.
Reports to: Board Certified Behavior Analyst and/or Board Certified assistant Behavior Analyst
Supervision Over: None.
Position Type: Introductory
Availability: M-F 8:00AM to 4:30PM
Center based services
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
• Successful completion of fingerprinting, criminal history background check, and drug testing
• Have reliable transportation
• RBT Certificate (or certificate of training completion) Training may be obtained free of charge at https://autismpartnershipfoundation.org/free-rbt-training/
• Pass CPR/First Aid training
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
Skills and Abilities
• Assess situations and make proper judgments
• Analyze and respond quickly to stressful situations
• Effective in oral and written communication skills
• Perform general clerical duties including maintain accurate client records and preparing clear and concise reports
• Work independently and make decisions within the framework of established guidelines
• Follow guidance from senior level staff to enhance own professional development
• Provide direct behavioral services to clients in individual and group sessions
• Run skill acquisition programs with clients
• Complete daily program data recording and maintain client’s program book
• Work under the Board Certified Behavior Analysts and/or Board Certified assistant Behavior Analysts to implement individualized treatment plans
• Maintain respect and confidentiality for all clients
• Maintain and protect the well-being of all clients during treatment sessions and when emergency crisis situations arise
• Other job duties as assigned by the clinical director
Hourly Rate: $16.25-$20