top of page

Getting ABA services depends on your child's insurance...

So now that you have a diagnosis, the next step is getting a referral. The hoops you have to jump through differ depending on the insurance.

Tricare: For Tricare, you must be in the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP). You can contact Renee McFeeters on RAFB's EFMP office to get the paperwork started. Once you're in the EFMP program, you can ask for a referral if your diagnosing provider has not provided one. You can request ABA Unlimited, LLC or have them pick one if you're not sure. You're not locked in with whichever company you are assigned or choose. All you need to do is call to get the authorization switched if you're unhappy. To switch to a particular company, you just need the name and the address. Ours is ABA Unlimited, LLC, 108 Featherstone Drive, Warner Robins, GA 31088

Medicaid: Medicaid is a little be trickier. You must provide the following documentation to your provider: A prescription/letter of medical necessity for ABA and a copy of the diagnosing report from the doctor's office (see below for a list of doctors in Middle GA that can diagnose children with ASD). This also goes for Medicaid's CMOs (WellCare, PeachState, Care Source, and Amerigroup).

Unfortunately, every private insurance may have a different set of requirements to get a prior authorization. You'll have to contact your insurance company to ask what documentation it will need.


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page